Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pertinent to the Contempt of Cop post ...

I’m not going to be interrogated as a pre-condition of re-entering my own country

“Why were you in China?” asked the passport control officer, a woman with the appearance and disposition of a prison matron.

“None of your business,” I said.

Her eyes widened in disbelief.

“Excuse me?” she asked.

“I’m not going to be interrogated as a pre-condition of re-entering my own country,” I said.

This did not go over well.

---
Start kowtowing to authority in whatever form it may present itself, and you end up with a police state.

1 comment:

Tuffie said...

Thanks for sharing this Admiral X. as someone who travels internationally, for both pleasure and business, I'm happy I'm no longer ignorant of my rights when re-entering my own country.

I think most of the negative feedback about this indecent stems from US citizens who are ignorant of (as I myself was before reading this and doing some extra research) our right if re-entry and silence and overlook this issue out of conformity and complacency.

I will no longer be one of those individuals.

o_O