Saturday, September 11, 2010

A New Hope.......


I'd like to preface this posting by saying Hello, and I am excited to throw my two cents in every now and again. ;) Cause god knows everyone is entitled to it.

So now onto my brief, yet interesting topic of this post. I was perusing through CNN.com, as I almost never do reading news that mostly is of no interest to me. And I stumbled across this article which is fascinating and disturbing, yet oddly intriguing.

http://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/10/can-you-really-re-grow-a-fingertip/?hpt=T2

Consider the possibilities of being able to regrow body parts on our own. Just imagine how happy John Bobbit, would have been. But even more practically (seeing as today is 9/11) if this science could be used to regrow blasted off limbs of our soldiers?! And if this application could be stretched so far as to manipulate our body's memory to regrow a body part better than the original. All I know is bitches are gonna put Madam Pomfrey out of business.

Yes can I get two skele-grow potions to go. Thanks.

~TCG

P.S. I would also like to congratulate my favorite search engine, google, on their latest advancement in auto-refreshing the search as you type it. A much needed change, or just fluff?


3 comments:

Admiral X said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Admiral X said...

http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/20100911/1881/a-smart-use-for-wisdom-teeth-making-stem-cells.htm

In the long run, this is going to be far more important than the ability to regrow body parts. Match this with the ability to induce and control cancer, and you could get a hypospray that would tell your stem cells you need to regrow, say, a liver and voila: instant recovery from the previous night's alcohol poisoning.

The Cobalt Guy said...

Or as the article suggests, since it is not unusual for kids under 2 to regrow body parts, we can just remove them from infants, and attach to adults, and hope for the best......