Friday, September 10, 2010

I don't believe in taxes, but I like public transportation!

At DCA the day before the Glenn Beck rally:

A man wearing a US flag polo and a McCain/Palin hat walks up to the employee at the information counter.

Man: "How do you get to my hotel on the metro?"
Employee pulls out Metro map, points out a route.
Man: "Uh-uh. I have been advised that under no circumstances can I ride the Yellow Line because it's dangerous."
Employee assures man that the yellow line is not dangerous, but he could take the Blue line instead, for about 30 extra minutes.
Man: "That's too damn long."
Employee advises the man he could take a taxi instead of the Metro.
Man: "Oh hell no. They have foreigners driving those things, right? I don't trust them. I'll just take this Blue Line. Thanks."

via dcist

No comments: